Friday, September 7, 2012

Stories About Me: We're moving. To Ohio?


Our House in Connecticut
I was born and raised around Canaan, Connecticut. I love it there and so does my husband, our 13 year-old daughter, our dog, and both our cats. But sometimes no matter how much you love where you live circumstances change and you need to change along with them.

My husband and I both lost full-time jobs within a month of each other during the summer of 2011. For me it was a blessing, I had been wanting to concentrate on my health coaching business full time for months so it gave me the freedom to jump in with both feet. For my husband the feeling was quite different and he struggled to figure out what he really wanted to do. My husband works in auto racing so the majority of jobs require copious amounts of travel and he wasn't sure he wanted to do that anymore. Our daughter and I just wanted him to be happy and assured him that we would support whatever he wanted to do as long as he was happy.

Fast forward to January of 2012 - my husband is offered a job in Lexington, Ohio in Auto Racing and he really wants to take it. The job requires almost no travel, it pays well, the cost of living is less and it sounds like fun. He would need to start in February but they could put him up at a hotel until June when school let out and we could join him.

Okay, maybe my daughter and I wanted him to be happy but moving to the middle of Ohio, that wasn't on our agenda. I had just finished my Zumba teaching certification, had two teaching jobs lined up, and a growing health coaching business. Our daughter was going to be starting High School in the fall and had a great group of friends. There was not a snow ball's chance in Hell that we were going to be able to sell our house in Connecticut. Our family and friends lived in Connecticut. We didn't know ANYONE in Ohio. I loved our yard and so did our dog. The list went on and on. There were hundred's of reasonable and silly reasons to stay and only one reason to go; my husband was offered a job that he thought would make him happy.

We were moving to Ohio.





No comments:

Post a Comment