Monday, September 10, 2012

Insanity... Really?

So a friend of mine texts me "I think we should do the 60 day Insanity workout"... I reply "I am in"... There is nothing I love more than a good challenge and I have spent the last six months stressed out and eating my way to mellow and when you are over the age of 40 every single bite of sugar turns into a** fat, which turns into upper thigh fat since everything is sagging and moving into the nether regions of my body (I won't even share how far my boobs have sagged but there is a great joke about it).

As a health coach, I know how to eat to feel well, but as a smart "almost" middle-aged woman I also know how to justify an extra snack or two if I "need" it so I am carrying around about 15 extra pounds that I am sure will be used against me during this "Insanity" workout.

I don't really mind my extra pounds but my knees and ankles are about done with it and everything I read & see about excess estrogen, which is stored in belly fat, is bad (see Video from Dr. Oz). My best friend told me that the french say as a woman ages she must choose, nice looking face or small derrière you can't have both. I hope if I reduce the size of my tush my face doesn't sag to my shoulders!

So in the next couple of months I will keep you updated on my progress with the Insanity workout.







No comments:

Post a Comment