![]() |
| Hiking, one way I get my Primary Food |
Primary Food is all the things you don't put in your mouth that contribute to a healthy life. For me, Primary Food is why I want to live a long life and why I care about what I do put in my mouth. Getting an appropriate dose of Primary Food can keep stress levels down* and increase your happiness which can lengthen your life**.
Some suggestions to get your Primary Food requirement:
Keep a gratitude journal
Exercise (something enjoyable to you)
Spend 5 - 20 minutes a day in quiet meditation
Tell family and friends how much you love them (via phone, text, big hug, e-mail, flower, etc.)
Have pets and love on them often (I have a dog and two cats)
Garden or work outside
Join a club in your area (I joined one through MeetUp.com and if they don't have one you are interested in start your own)
Breathe deeply
Dance in the grocery store (my 14 year-old daughter loves it when I do this)
Sing in the car (loudly and make sure you really annunciate the lyrics - seat dancing permitted at long stop lights)
Have spontaneous dance parties (I had one in the parking lot of my office during a particularly stressful time)
Laugh at yourself
Do something that scares you once in a while
Volunteer
Smile at other people
Make eye contact with the people that provide you with goods and services each day and remember to thank them (it feels good)
Find a hobby (I am learning to sew and make jewelry)
Read a great book
Explore another town, state, country
Be curious
I would love if you could share the things you do to get your Primary Food requirement.
* WebMd Can stress causes weight gain?
** USNews Happiness Improves Health and Lengthens Life).

No comments:
Post a Comment