Saturday, March 9, 2013

Don't forget to Spring forward


Don't forget to spring your clocks ahead by one hour this weekend (2 a.m. on Sunday to be exact) in observance of Daylight Savings Time (DST)

I must confess that I absolutely abhor DST. I don't understand why anyone would want it to be darker when they get up in the morning. I am an early riser and it makes me mad that I will be rising and shinning with NO SHINNING! And then it makes me mad that I am mad about something that I have no control over. (Sunday is gonna be rough in our house.)

Here are two other little pieces of information about DST:

  1. A Swedish study found a 7% increase in the number of heart attacks in the first three weekdays following DST
  2. For those that suffer from insomnia the time change can often mean several days or weeks of adjustment. And as I have mentioned in a previous post, sleep is important for good health!
I dislike DST enough that I have signed the petition at "We The People" to have it eliminated. (Before you get upset, I realize that with all the other things going on in the world DST is probably not a priority but I can't seem to make an impact on campaign reform, the budget or GMO labeling so I am going with this, just for today...)

 If you are interested in signing the petition you can find it at: 


Have a wonderful weekend and make sure you set your clocks ahead one hour before you put your head on your pillow Saturday night!

All my best,

Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment