I was reading an article from OM Times that spoke about the benefits of making a bucket list instead of a New Year's Resolution. I thought, fan freakin' tastic idea, and then "what do I want to do in 2013?"
I came up with one thing I have been wanting to do for a couple of years but I haven't made or had the time; I am going to compete in a fun athletic event. Notice I said fun, I don't see any reason to compete in an event that is super serious. I don't want or need to win anything, I just want to be a part of something physical and fun. I have searched the web and found some events that I think are worth considering. All of these are 5k run/walks in my area. I may even be able to persuade my husband and daughter to compete in the Zombie Run!
- Dirty Girl Mudd Run in Columbus, June 1st
- The Color Run in Columbus, July 20th
- The Ohio Zombie Run, October 12th
The Dirty Girl event requires a team so I will have to let you know if I find one. I have floated the idea around to a few people with mixed responses (not one heck ya!)...
I hope you take a moment to sit and think about your own 2013 Bucket List.
All my best,
Linda

No comments:
Post a Comment