I remember years ago Rosie O’Donnell talking about how she
went into a depression after the shootings at Columbine in 1999. I never fully
understood how she could lose herself in someone else’s tragedy.
Maybe it is because I am a parent now, maybe it is because I
worked in a pre-school and kindergarten classroom since Columbine, or maybe it
is because I have become more sensitive to the world around me but I am
paralyzed by this act of violence. I don’t know how those that lost loved ones
will ever move forward. I know that parents who lost children will continue to
live, but how? I imagine that the air is hard to breathe, that their limbs are
heavy and the world is colored various shades of gray.
So asking people to eat more kale and exercise just
doesn’t seem important right now but I thought I might give everyone a little information on donating to the victims.
The United Way of CT: https://newtown.uwwesternct.org
The Newtown Parent Connection: http://www.newtownparentconnection.org
There are other opportunities to contribute and you can find them in this CNN article.
All my best to you and your family.
With Love,
Linda
No comments:
Post a Comment