Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 Mantras

Before I tackle my feelings and "Desire Map" for the New Year I thought I would narrow down my 2014 mantras! Some of mine help me to feel better some just keep me out of jail. Here are a few of mine for this year:

Personal:

  • You are enough, just as you are
  • Breathe deeply, feel it all, move forward
  • No is not a rejection, from me or from anyone else!
  • My life is full and abundant
  • It is none of my business what other's think of me

In My Car:

  • You have plenty of time
  • Embrace the delay 
  • If you hit them it will only make you later
  • Calm down, they might have a gun

With my daughter:

  • This anger is not about you, breathe
  • All teenagers are hostile, breathe
  • She will be moving out in two years, breathe
  • Breathe, count to ten, walk away

I realize that some of these are not really mantras, but I couldn't come up with a satisfying word so I am going to call them mantras for now. 

In all seriousness, having a mantra and sitting with it for a few minutes each day can really help. A good mantra can help when you are stressed out and paralyzed with fear or anger (which is really just a form of fear) or when you are feeling bad about yourself on that random Tuesday. 

I hope you spend a few minutes thinking about what your mantras might be this year.

All my best,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment